- Passionate and unwavering belief in Stand for Children’s mission and strategy to ensure that all children, regardless of their background, graduate from high school prepared for and with access to a college education;
- At least 3 years of professional experience preferred; political or community organizing experience a plus, experience (volunteer or paid) recruiting, training, and mobilizing a team of 10 or more volunteers/members preferred;
- Strong community ties to Indianapolis and the constituencies served by Indianapolis Public Schools required;
- Experience delivering presentations as well as successfully facilitating pre-designed curriculum to small and mid-size groups of adults;
- Experience working with diverse and bilingual populations strongly encouraged;
- Proven ability to achieve measurable, meaningful results in a fast-paced environment;
- Passion for developing parents and other adults to realize their potential, as a critical step to improving education for children;
- Strong interpersonal, communication, and team-building skills; ability to initiate, foster, and leverage contacts and networks to achieve strong, positive outcomes;
- Ability to be flexible and steadfast in the face of ambiguity; self-motivated problem-solver and critical thinker;
- A learning orientation and an ability to embrace and incorporate direct feedback crucial;
- Willingness to work flexible hours including evenings and occasional weekends; full-time access to a car;
- Ability to be in multiple locations in the course of a given day, the ability to transport items, and the ability to set up and take down meeting equipment (chairs, tables, projectors, screens, etc.); May require the ability to climb stairs.
Stand for Children consists of two separate entities. Stand for Children, Inc., a grassroots membership organization is exempt under section 501(c)(4) of the Internal Revenue Code, and Stand for Children Leadership Center, a leadership development organization is exempt under section 501(c)(3)
Stand for Children and Stand for Children Leadership Center are Equal Opportunity Employers. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin or disability. We are committed to a diverse and culturally inclusive workplace in which our differences broaden our awareness, enrich our daily experiences and contribute to our collective strength. People of color, members of underrepresented ethnic or socioeconomic populations and bilingual/multi-lingual speakers are strongly encouraged to apply.